TEPHINET Seeks Volunteer Abstract Reviewers
The TEPHINET Advisory Scientific Committee (TASC) is seeking English, French, Portuguese, or Spanish-speaking public health professionals to serve as peer reviewers for abstracts submitted for presentation at the 11th TEPHINET Regional Scientific Conference of the Americas. Peer reviewers ensure that our conference programming features relevant and engaging topics for the global field epidemiology community.
This is a voluntary, unpaid opportunity. TEPHINET will provide all abstract reviewers with a certificate of
recognition after the conclusion of the review period.
Qualifications (must fulfill all three)
- Graduate of an advanced field epidemiology training program or hold a master's degree in public health
(epidemiology) or a related field.
- At least two (2) years working as an epidemiologist or in public health since time of graduation.
- A record of scientific excellence and achievement as demonstrated by at least four (4) publications (as first author) in a scientific peer-reviewed journal.
Prospective reviewers will be asked to complete 7-15 abstract reviews between July 1-16, 2021. Peer reviewers will rate abstracts along six different categories and will be required to give written comments and critiques for the authors. These reviews typically involve a total of three (3) hours of active work.
- Stay up-to-date on the latest work in applied epidemiology.
- Gain valuable professional development experience.
- Shape the scientific program for the conference and help ensure that the most relevant spectrum of topics is presented.
- Be acknowledged within the conference book of abstracts and with a certificate of appreciation.
How to Apply
The deadline for application is Sunday, June 27, 2021 at 11:59 p.m. EDT. Interested individuals can apply by filling out this form.
The form will be used to verify your eligibility and identify your areas of expertise. We will make every effort to assign you to abstracts based on the areas of expertise that you indicate on your application form.
Note: If you have previously participated as an abstract reviewer for TEPHINET conferences in 2021, you do not need to fill this form out.
For questions, please contact Elena Atkinson at eatkinson [at] tephinet [dot] org.
Peer reviewers play a key role in contributing to the quality, value, and reputation of TEPHINET conferences. We thank you for your consideration and look forward to hearing your expert opinions!