Become an FETP Accreditation Reviewer
TEPHINET's FETP Accreditation Reviewers evaluate FETP accreditation applications, examine evidence provided by the programs, conduct site visits as part of an Accreditation Review Team (ART), prepare reports, and make recommendations to the Global Accrediting Body regarding a program's accreditation status.
FETP Accreditation Reviewer is a voluntary, unpaid position, but all travel costs related to the fulfillment of reviewer responsibilities are covered in kind by TEPHINET. TEPHINET selects reviewers for each accreditation cycle by evaluating reviewer qualifications against several criteria, including:
- Meeting basic reviewer eligibility requirements (as listed below)
- Language proficiency
- Availability during review period
- Diversity of review teams (in terms of region, gender, years of experience, etc.)
- Freedom from known conflicts of interest
- Has at least one of the following: (a) 10+ years of full-time national public health experience; (b) 5+ years of full-time national public health experience after having graduated from an FETP; (c) 5+ years of experience working full-time with an FETP
- Has no conflict of interest with the FETP they’re reviewing
- Is willing to complete reviewer training and refresher courses
- Has excellent oral and written communication skills in English and the language of the FETP under review
- Is available to complete the document reviews and site visit
Serving as an FETP Accreditation Reviewer has many benefits, including, but not limited, to the following:
- Serving at the forefront of accreditation and ensuring increased global health systems capacity, higher quality and integrity of competency-based epidemiology training and delivery of essential public health services
- Learning "best practices" from peer institutions
- Professional development
- Gaining the experience of being an accreditation reviewer, which is valuable for you and your institution
- Working closely with and getting to know other applied epidemiology practitioners, TEPHINET programs, and staff around the globe
In order to be considered as a volunteer accreditation reviewer for the 2021 accreditation cycle, please complete the TEPHINET Accreditation Reviewer Interest Form.
Note: The 2021 form is not yet available. Please check back later.
(Please note that applying does not automatically mean that TEPHINET will ask you to participate. TEPHINET will contact you if an opportunity arises which matches your skills.
Previous applicants: If you completed a reviewer interest form last year, you must complete one again this year to be considered for this cycle.)